Monday, May 23, 2011

Initial Ramblings

I wonder why people still go see new romantic comedies.  As soon as all the characters are introduced I know exactly how it will end.  Maybe that's the point.


They are going to make a SIXTH Fast & Furious movie.  I like the series but I worry that Hollywood is running out of ideas.


I wish more people knew how many recent great 'American' movies, like Inception, have taken their premise from Asian films.


Hollywood is making reboots of Franchises not even five years after the last film.  I really worry that they are out of ideas.


I really want to see Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston in a movie together, I think it might make more money than Avatar.


Hollywood is now making sequels of prequels.  They are out of ideas.


These initial ramblings are perhaps too cynical.  I still love movies and there are still great films that are made every year.  I like to think of myself as a movie aficionado, but really there is so much more I could learn about films.  As I write this blog I hope to inform you about the movies I watch and give my opinion of them, hopefully I will learn more about the art of film along the way.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked your intro. I was fun and humorous and I look forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where you're going with this blog. I love movies as well, and I have to agree with some of your initial ramblings. I am looking forward to reading more blogs from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sort of felt the same way as you for a while. Although I still go see Rom Coms and even get a little tear in my eye at the end, I do feel that just about every movie coming out these days has been done before. I share the same fear that maybe Hollywood is just running out of ideas, but lucky for them I have a very short memory and will probably continue going to see the same thing, with a different title, over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea inception was derived from an Asian film; how interesting. I know this to be true for a lot of reality and game shows in America- Where's the creativity!? I like your short-quick blurbs about what you find needs to be explored in the movie bizz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaaa... I loved that you thought the Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie should be in a movie together. I agree, it would be an instant blockbuster. I'm really looking forward to read your blog, I LOVE to watch movies but I can almost always predict the end. I'm really interested in what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make a good point. My feelings on the issue are mixed. I do agree with your view that Hollywood is running out of ideas, but I find this is only to an extent. Maybe I am just a sucker for romantic comedies. While knowing the movie will end just like the rest, I am still drawn to the theater. In actually if people keep going to the movies, Hollywood has no real reason to change their approach.

    ReplyDelete