Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Apology

Watching so many movies, one starts to develop a certain prejudice towards certain movies and actors.  You begin to think of certain people as typecast in one role, or a movie series to only appeal to the lowest common denominator.  So I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to those who I may have said bad things about over the years.  First up...







Nicolas Cage:
For many years, over my friends objections, I continuously categorized Mr. Cage as a one way actor.  The only character Cage could play, I would say, was himself.  In Con Air he was convict Nicolas cage and in Matchstick Men he was OCD Nicolas Cage.  I argued that for a role he simply picked a certain blend of Nicolas Cage and rolled with it.  That was until I saw him in Kick Ass, where he single handedly managed to play both of the common Cage types.  On one hand he was the stoic Father-Superhero, hellbent on exacting revenge on the mobsters that destroyed his family, and on the other... he was freaking nuts.  So heres to you Mr. Cage, I had you wrong.  I'm sorry.


Al Pacino:

See above.
















Work in progress... so hard to pick people out.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the funniest post I've ever read. However, I love Nicolas Cage.... at least I did until lately. But after reading your review of his characters, I realize that you do have a point. He is just a certain character mixed with his crazy self. And this works for him. I would add Marlon Brando to this category too.

    ReplyDelete